Yok Don is the second biggest national park and it is the only national park to conserve dry deciduous dipterocarp forests in Vietnam. Coming to Yok Don National Park, you will discover the diverse flora and fauna ecosystem. Besides, you will have the opportunity to learn about the unique culture of many ethnic groups in Dak Lak
Day 1: Buon Me Thuot – Yok Don National Park
- You are picked up at the hotel in the Buon Me Thuot city center to start the tour in the morning. If you want to be picked up from outer city or the airport, kindly contact us for arrangement.
- Depart to Yok Don National Park
- Check in then have lunch with local restaurant
- In the afternoon: Enjoy with Elephant experience half-day tour (Distance 10km)
- 1.30 pm: Enjoy a day exploring the forest in search of the three elephants who now freely roam the national park. The Yok Don elephants, used to give rides to tourists, but now their welfare comes first – let them show you how elephants really behave in their own environment. Your guide will tell you about each individual elephants’ personality, their background and why they are living in Yok Don. The ethnic minorities in this area have a long history of training and working with elephants and your guide can share these stories too. During the trek, your guide will share their knowledge of the national park, pointing out the many species of plants and wildlife inhabiting this forest, and showing you the plants used in traditional medicine by some of the local ethnic minority people.
- You may even encounter signs of the rare wild elephant community within the park, such as their footprints, foraging signs or dung.
- 4.30 pm: Comeback then have dinner and overnight in homestay
Day 2: Full-day trekking and camping
- 8:00 am: Explore the wonderful natural beauty of Yok Don National Park and learn about the mysteries of the precious flora and fauna which call this unique ecosystem home. Customized trips will see you relaxing in waterfalls, while a guide can point out medicinal plants and decipher the various bird choruses reverberating through the forest.
- 4:00 pm:come back and have dinner. Overnight in homestay
Day 3: Cycling in Yok Don National Park – Buon Me Thuot
- 7:30 am: Yok Don National Park has more than 200km of trails, tracks and roads to explore. By bike you can travel independently to the Buddha Waterfall, Seven Rapids, Drang Phok lake or Yok Don Mountain. Get your free map at the reception desk before you head out for a day exploring. (less than 20 km)
- 11.00 am: Come back and have lunch
- In the afternoon car and guide pick you at homestay and come back Buon Me Thuot