This is our guidelines of how you can easily apply for an e-visa to visit Vietnam as a tourist. Just follow this step by step and you can do it yourself without any hassle of complicated administrative procedure.
1) WHO CAN APPLY FOR AN E-VISA?
- Before applying for any visa, it is advisable that you check to see if you need a visa to Vietnam You can check this link for official list of countries and visa exemption: https://bit.ly/2cgcgqz
- You don’t need visa in the following case:
- If Phu Quoc is your only destination in Vietnam: Foreigners and Vietnamese overseas are allowed to stay in Phu Quoc Island for not more than 30 days without visa, which also applies in case you transit via an international gate of Viet Nam (including by air or sea) and then to Phu Quoc Island later.
- If you are citizen of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN), you are entitled to enter Vietnam without visa under a visa waiver program
- If you are citizens of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Japan, South Korea and Russia, you are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days applying from 01 January 2015 to the end of 31 December 2019.
- If you are citizens of the United Kingdom, the French Republic, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of Spain and the Italian Republic, you are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days, applying from 1 July 2015 to end of 30 June 2021
- If your are citizens of the Republic of Belarus, you are exempt from visa requirement and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days applying from 1 July 2015 to end of 30 June 2020.
- If you do need visa, next is to check the country list on the official website of Immigration Office of Vietnam to see if you are eligible for an e-visa to Vietnam before going to the next step.
Here is the link for you: https://bit.ly/2MNe0KU
- E-visa is only available for foreigners applying from outside of Vietnam
- You must hold a valid return ticket to your country of origin or the country of next destination at the time of entrance to Vietnam
- Your passport must be valid for a period of at least 6 months beyond the stay of Vietnam
- The e-visa can be used for up to 30 days of stay in Vietnam
- If you would like to extend your stay when your initial 30 days e-visa is expiring, you have to do it in person with the authority or via service provider/organization/invitation
2) HOW TO APPLY FOR AN E-VISA
If you are eligible for e-visa, then this is the steps you should take.
- Go to the official site of Immigration Office of Vietnam via this link: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu
- Read the instruction carefully to make sure that you understand procedure.
- When you are ready, tick in the cell at the bottom of the page to confirm that you have read all information and click NEXT button to start your application
- Upload the files of your recent 4×6 photo and your passport front page (see the sample in the form). The file should be in JPG format.
- Fill in the application form with care then follow the instruction on each screen.
- Once you finish, review your application carefully before submitting
- A registration code will be displayed prior to payment. Make sure you write this code down for the future tracking
- Intended length of stay: must less than 30 days
- Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam: give one that you intended to stay the longest
- Allowed to entry through checkpoint: This is a tricky question as it is mentioned on the official website that you can enter Vietnam with an e-visa at any one of the 28 checkpoints listed. However, it is better to check with your airline to make sure that it is alright with them if you plan to enter at a different checkpoint.
- Exit through checkpoint: any checkpoint
- Make payment by your debit or credit card. The fee is 25 USD, exclusive of processing fee of about 1USD
- After payment is paid, you wait for the result. Your application will be processed within 3 working days. After 3 days, visit the below link and fill in your registration code, email, date of birth and capcha to track your visa status. If your visa is granted, there is a link for you to download your evisa. (In some case, you might receive notification email about your visa status)
- Print out your e-visa to enter Vietnam to show together with your passport at the checkpoint when you enter Vietnam
- In case you see any mistake on your e-visa, it is advisable to contact e-visa support to rectify via this link: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/lien-he
3) PORT OF ENTRANCE AND EXIT
You can use e-visa to enter and exit Vietnam from certain port. Please check the below link carefully: https://bit.ly/2HH8Wbu
Though it is mentioned on the official website that you can enter Vietnam with an e-visa at any one of the 28 checkpoints listed, it is better to check with your airline to make sure that it is alright with them if you plan to enter at a different checkpoint from the one said on your e-visa.
Hope those information be helpful for your visa application.
If there is anything you need for your trip to Vietnam, feel free to contact Ideal Travel Asia.
- Whatsapp/Viber/Zalo: +84 917 259 511 or +84 974 936 521
- Skype: idealtravelasia
- Language available: English/Spanish