The Mekong River is one of the largest rivers on the “water world”, rooted in China, flows through Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia and into the South China Sea in Vietnam. Do you want to explore The MeKong river in Cambodia ? Why don’t you take part in this tour with us ?
Day 1 : Siem Reap – Kampong Cham – Kampong Chhnang
- The Tonle Sap ( The Great Lake ) is the flowing heart of Cambodia, giving love and life to this nation. The Tonle Sap has more fish than any other lake in the world and is home to an incredible variety of birds, including rare – and endangered – feathered life
- In the morning, we gather at the meeting point followed by a transfer to the boutique ship. The ever-smiling crew welcomes up with unbrided warmth. A refreshing welcome to drink awaits us followed by a buffet lunch on the Ship
- Then, it’s a relaxing afternoon as the ship glides along the water. Dinner is a served at Dining Hall. Enjoy a spectacular experience on the sun deck as we bathe in the glow of the moon and the radiance of the stars.
- Lunch and dinner are included. The ship will anchor midstream on the Tonle sap river.
Day 2 : Kampong – Chhnang – Kampong Tralach – Kampong Cham
“Cambodia’s province and the Wetlands “
- Everyday, our journey will start with an invigorating Tai Chi lesion at the sun deck just as the sun begins its slow rice. Coffee and tea awaits the early birds. Before dawn, the ship sets sail across the Tonle River, we see spectacular marshlands floating along the river banks of the Kampong Chhnang province.
- The afternoon cruise continues with a languid meander along the Tonle Sap River. Here, the river is so narrow that we can be greeted by kids waving enthusiastically at us from the banks.
- Follow a short bus trip to the see the Khmer – style pottery. We then embark to the the wetlands, floating houses and fish farms in the region before reaching Kampong Cham in the evening. Futher down the river we take part in an ox cart rally in the afternoon before being introduced to the Heritage Line pro bono “literacy project”
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Overnight in Kampong Cham.
Day 3 : Kampong Cham – Wat Hanchey
“Monks and Hilltops”
- We will wake up in the early morning after an overnight cruising, truly energized to embark to the land journey to the pre-Angkorian temple of Wat Hanchey. Travelers can either take a moto-taxi or climb 300 steps to the top. Located at the top of a hill overlooking the river, the temple offers one of the most breath-taking views in Cambodia. Built in the 8th century, this ancient structure, together with a bigger and newer addition underscores the superb architecture of the Chenla Empire which predates the mighty Angkor temple complex. We even get to engage in light banter with some of the monks in the area. We will return to the ship to witness a blessing ceremony performed by orange-clad local monks
- We will then cruise towards Kampong Cham to visit Wat Nokor, a wat build within the ruins of an ancient teample which holds a timeless story.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Overnight midstream near Phnom Penh
Day 4 : Phnom Penh
- Your journey will the floating sanctuary has come to an end, but will not be forgotten. Disembark after breakfast and head into the city of Phnom Penh to further discover its culture and history.
- Breakfast is included.
Just one a part of the journey to discover the Mekong. Please contact us to explore the rest.