We will take you the most beautiful and untouched area of the north of Vietnam with a 8 days tour from Hanoi to Sapa and Ninh Binh, and We give you chance to capture breathtaking scenery, stay with lovely local ethnic people and experience their life style.
Day 1: Ha Noi arrive (no meal)
Welcome to Vietnam! Warmly welcome by our driver and transfer privately by the comfortable car to the hotel in Ha Noi.
Check in hotel and relax in Ha Noi city.
Day 2: Ha Noi Sights – Lao Cai (B,L)
After a truly scrumptious breakfast join day tour Bicycle Tours Hanoi Countryside. This tour includes cycling 45 km on flat roads.
8:00 am your tour guide pick up you then transfer to our Bicycle store to choose suitable Bikes. Choose a bike that makes you feel comfortable and hear a safety briefing. Exploring:
- The Red river by Long Bien bridge – the oldest one in Hanoi bulit over 100 years ago under French colonial time to enjoy the view of the Red River, watch the boats float underneath and see the green vegetable farm on the island.
- Ride to the countryside where farmers live and work. We have chance to visit a family to learn more about local life and tradition.
- Visit Co Loa ancient citadel was built 200 BC to learn about Vietnam the tradition of setting up, keeping the country as well as against foreign invaders of Thuc Phan An Duong Vuong
After that we visit a fruit garden and have lunch at local family where you can try traditional food.
In the afternoon we ride more around the villages, fields and along the river bank to enjoy the cool breeze of the Red river. Passing through beautiful village of Northern Vietnam Countryside we will reach a local boat station, take a cruise on the red river to go back to Hanoi. Our trip finishes at about 4:00-4:30pm
Relax in hotel until 20h30. Then our tour guide will come to pick you up and transfer to Ha Noi Railway station to catch the night train to Lao Cai (overnight on train, 4 berths sharing cabin, soft sleeper and air-conditioning)
Day 3: Lao Cai – Sapa – Laochai-Tavan – Giang Ta Chai (Muong Hoa Valley) – (B/L)
Join Group Tour 2 Nights in Sapa
Arrival Lao Cai, Shuttle bus will transfer you go up hill to Sapa, for breakfast. Depart from Sapa town by car to:
- Lao Chai village, exploring the road down the hill. Views of the Muong Hoa valley and magnificent surroundings of mountains and rice terrace fields
- Along the road, there are stalls along the way that serve tea, fruits and sweets. You have the opportunity to meet the people from many ethnic groups: H’mong, Zay, and Red Dao.
- Arrive in the Black H’mong village of Lao Chai, where you will experience the daily life of the villagers. After that, we walk from Lao Chai to Ta Van village, where the Zay hill tribes live. Take a rest and enjoy a delicious lunch in a local house.
- After lunch you trek up and downhill. Specially you will trek through bamboo forest then relax beside the waterfall.
- Explore the Red Dao village of Giang Ta Chai where you will also have the chance to see their daily activities.
In the afternoon the car will pick you up for the return journey to Sa Pa
Return and overnight in the hotel in Sapa
Day 4: Sa Pa – Suoi Ho – Ma Tra – Ta Phin – Lao Cai – Ha Noi (B/L):
After breakfast then we leave Sa Pa town and visiting:
- Trekking to Suoi Ho village to see tea plantations and cardamom gardens.
- To visit the hospitable villages of the Black Hmong minority people in Ma Tra.
Enjoy a picnic lunch after seeing the scenic views enroute.
After lunch we continue our trek to Ta Phin village to visit Red Dao people and handicraft shops. Then back to Sapa for shuttle bus transfer you back to Lao Cai train, catch the train back to Hanoi.
Overnight on train
Day 5: Ha Noi: Free day (B)
Have breakfast, free walking and explore to arround Ha Noi city
Overnight in Ha Noi
Day 6: Hanoi – Tam Coc – Local Family – Cycling – Thung Nham Bird (B,L)
Afer breakfast, Tour guide and bus pick up from your hotel departure to Ninh Binh. Join group tour Ninh Binh 2 days 1 night.
- Arrive Tam Coc start your first visit on a sampan boat rowed by a local for about 1.5 hours. Known as “Halong Bay on land”, the boat trip is a nice journey along the river with the peaceful scenery of limestone mountains, rice paddy if traveling during harvest season.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch with Vietnamese cuisine.
- Visit a local family in Tam Coc. They are a traditional Vietnamese family with three generations living together. Here you will get the chance to see the house architecture and their daily life and their handicraft job of making traditional embroidery.
- Then you will take a bike and start riding to explore the rice fields and limestone mountains with a unique route.
- Get on a small sampan to visit Thung Nham bird reserve, discover the most features of this area with more than 50.000 birds of 40 species flying to inhabit every day.Then cycling back to the host family for free time relax with afternoon tea break.
Enjoy your dinner served with Vietnamese, then stay overnight at the bungalow or the hotel in Ninh Binh
Day 7: Mua Cave – Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Hanoi (B, L)
Have breakfast then take a bike to Mua Cave, Mua Cave one of the most alluring places to get the panorama view in Ninh Binh, Hiking up to the peak of Ngoa Long Mountain to take your amazing views of the Tam Coc, Ninh Binh area.
Back to the bungalow or hotel for check out and enjoy a lunch with Vietnamese cuisine. After lunch will free time relaxing.
15:00 – 15:30 Departure to Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam in the 10th century, visit the temple of King Dinh. Under the introduction of our local guide, you will get to know more about the Vietnamese history.
Return Ha Noi and overnight in Ha Noi city
Day 8: Ha Noi – depart (B)
Have breakfast. Free relax and explore Ha Noi.
Then Transfer to the airport for your return flight home