Let Vietnam works its charm on your through this amazing journey full of history, local lifestyle and nature. Hidden far away from the cities, you will find the enchanting beauty of the country while listening to its harsh wars, looking at locals living their daily lives smiling positively and exploring the wildlife in the pristine nature
Day 1: Sai Gon city tour – Cu Chi – Sai Gon (L,D)
You are picked up at the hotel in the city center to start the tour in the morning. If you want to be picked up from outer city or the airport, kindly contact us for arrangement
Take the morning trip to visit Independence Palace, also known as the Reunification Palace. It is a well-known landmark of Ho Chi Minh City marking the dramatic finish to Vietnam War as the communists’ tanks crashed through its main gate on the morning of April 30th, 1975. Your next stop is the beautiful structures from the French Colonial times of the Notre Dame Cathedral and the historic Central Post Office. Followed by the remarkable site of the War Remnants Museum with a vast display of both Indochina wars.
Have lunch at local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you depart for Cu Chi tunnel, a one and a half hours drive. Upon arrival, before exploring the tunnels, you will receive short introduction followed by an introductory video about how the tunnels were constructed and how the people survived in the harsh conditions of war time. Then, spend your time exploring the remaining area and tunnel systems which included the special constructed living areas with kitchens, bedrooms side by side with other martial facilities like storage, weapons factories, field hospitals, and command centers helping whoever lives inside the tunnels meet their basic needs. Besides, there are also many hidden trap doors and dangerous traps within the maze-like tunnels for security purpose during the war. Afterward, special tea and cassava (guerilla’s food during the war) will be served.
Break time for relax or time for those who want to try the real shooting gun.
Return to Saigon
Day 2: HCMC – Cai Be – Can Tho (B,L,D)
Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City for departure to Cai Be by car via Trung Luong Expressway. On arrival in Cai Be, embark on a motorboat to visit Cai Be floating market where you can watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on their vessels. Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made. Then wander in small local villages, visit fruit plantations, listen to traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
Afterwards, paddle through a series of small canals to experience the charm of the Upper Mekong Delta. Arrive in Tan Phong Island, the green pearl where you can enjoy yourself with the nature.
Lunch time is a good chance to get closer with the local and you will learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes. Food is cooked by yourself, and fresh river food is served in the heart of the garden.
Cycle in the village path through orchards. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong Delta.
Transfer to Can Tho at the end of day. Overnight at Mekong Lodge Resort or similar.
Day 3: Can Tho – Cai Rang floating market – HCMC (B/L)
After breakfast at the hotel in early morning, take a leisure boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong River (Bassac River) then visit to Cai Rang floating market which is the liveliest one in the whole of region.
Walking trip to visit the fruit plantation and local noodle factory.
Visit Binh Thuy communal house and Munir Ansay Pagoda – a Khmer pagoda, renowned for its unique structure.
Have lunch and return to Ho Chi Minh City
Day 4: Ho Chi Minh – Cat Tien National Park (B,L,D)
Private car and guide will pick you up at your hotel and drive to visit the Cat Tien National Park
Mid-day arrival, embark the ferry to cross Dong Nai river to Cat Tien National park, which situated 150km/4 hour drive from Ho Chi Minh City. The National Park protects one of the largest areas of lowland tropical rainforests left in Vietnam with truly amazing biodiversity. You are transferred to the Lodge for check in.
- 12:30 Lunch to be served
- 14:30 Botanic Garden Trails circumnavigate an area where the Chau Ma minority people once had a settlement before being moved to Talai after the American war. The path cut through a couple of areas of relatively primary forest, with a wide range of trees species; in more open ground gingers are in flower during June – September. The path can be excellent for birds and mammals including primates.
- 18:00 Dinner to be served
- 19:45 Night Ride: A jeep car will take you through the forest to the grass land Nui Tuong, this is the opportunity to see the wild life, the guide will use a spot light to try and spot samba deer and wild boar feeding at night. There is always the chance to see: civets, fishing cats, loris, pangolin, gaur and nocturnal birds.
Day 5: Cat Tien – Sai Gon (B,L)
- 07:30 CROCODILE LAKE Trail. You will be taken by a jeep car for 9 km, then you will walk for 5 km (each way). This walk passing an enormous Tung tree and gives you the good chance to see the primates and plenty of opportunities to see the wide variety of birds, reptiles and other jungle life including primates.
- Check out (Package lunch will be provided for your return journey).
Transfer back to the Ho Chi Minh City