This journey takes you to Cat Tien National Park, one of the nature treasures in Vietnam covering the area of 72,000 hectare of lowland tropical forest. It is truly an amazing experience for any nature lover to explore the best jungle in the south Vietnam.
Day 1: Tan Son Nhat Airport – Cat Tien National Park (L, D)
To start the tour, you are to be picked up at your hotel in the city center for transfer to Dong Nai. (If your hotel is not in the city center, please contact us for arrangement).
Mid-day arrival, embark the ferry to cross Dong Nai river to Cat Tien National park, which situated 150km/4 hour drive from Ho Chi Minh City. The National Park protects one of the largest areas of lowland tropical rainforests left in Vietnam with truly amazing biodiversity. You are transferred to the Lodge for check in.
- 12.30 Lunch to be served
- 14.30 Explore the Botanic Garden Trails which circumnavigate an area where the Chau Ma minority people once had a settlement before being moved to Talai after the American war. The path cut through a couple of areas of relatively primary forest, with a wide range of trees species; in more open ground gingers are in flower during June – October. The path can be excellent for birds and mammals including primates.
- 18.45 Night Ride: a jeep car will take you through the forest to the grass land Nui Tuong. This is an opportunity to see the wild life as the guide will use a spot light to try to spot samba deer and wild boar feeding at night. There is always a chance to see: civets, fishing cats, loris, pangolin, gaur and nocturnal birds.
- 17.45 Dinner and relax
Enjoy your night at the Lodge
Day 2: Cat Tiên National Park (B,L,D)
This second day will start early and promise a lot of fun.
- 04.45 WILD GIBBON TOUR.
You will be taken by a buggy car to the starting point of the tour (A light packed breakfast will be provided). This is a rare opportunity to see the endangered primates in their wild habitat. First you will be taken to a listening post, to wait for the gibbons to start singing. Here you can relax in hammocks and appreciate Cat Tien’s rich wildlife viewing opportunities. Once the gibbons start to sing, you will be guided to their location, where they are comfortable with you watching their normal day-to-day activities such as feeding, resting and travelling. The length of the viewing is dependent on the gibbons and if they are not sighted on day one, there will be a second opportunity the following morning free of charge.
- 7.00 Breakfast at hotel
- 8.30 GIBBON RESCUE CENTRE: A buggy car will take you to the ferry for a boat ride to Đảo Tiên island where you visit Gibbon Rescue Center. The gibbons and other primates are looked after here before returning to the wild. 10.45 return to the lodge
- 12.30 Lunch to be served
- 14.00 BEAR RESCUE CENTRE: The aim of this centre is to rescue, train and release the bears and wild cats into the wild. You have time to see the animal’s lives and the works of the centre. After the visit, you return for a relaxing time at Forest Floor Lodge viewing platform over Dong Nai River and bird watching.
- 6.30 Dinner to be served
Day 3: Cat Tien National Park – Sai Gon (B,L)
- 07:30 CROCODILE LAKE Trail. You will be taken by a jeep car for 9 km, then you will walk for 5km (each way). This trail passes an enormous spruce tree (Tung tree) and gives you good chance to see the primates and plenty of opportunities to see the wide variety of birds, reptiles and other jungle life including primates.
- 13:00 Departure: a picnic lunch will be ready for you. Transfer back to the Sai gon afterward