Enjoy exploring 2 of Vietnam’s most impressive World Heritage sites as you cycle through the countryside on this 2-day tour. The Cycle from Hue to Hoi An takes you over the spectacular Hai Van pass, and meanders through small fishing villages, lagoons and rice paddies. The ride is hard for new cyclists but always good to win yourself and being on top of the Hai Van Pass.
Day 1: Cycle Hue – Lang Co Beach :
- You will be picked up from your hotel and taken to the outskirts of Hue by bus before starting the beautiful cycle ride through villages and rice paddies.
- One the way we will visit the City of Tombs (known as Ghost City to the locals) and learn about local customs.
- The first 35km is pretty flat and easy but the second part of our ride is more challenging as we take a hilly route through the beautiful countryside of rural Vietnam.
- Today, we ride for a total of 75km. A picnic lunch will be served. We can then relax at the 4 star Lang Co Resort and overnight.
Day 2: Continuing our journey : Cycle Lang Co beach – Hoi An
- After breakfast, we will start the ascent of the most beautiful pass in Vietnam – the Hai Van pass which is the dream ride for many cyclists throughout the world. It is 11km to the top with a 7% gradient and you will enjoy spectacular views of the mountains and sea with plenty of photographic opportunities along the way.
- Once you are at the peak of this spectacular mountain after a challenging ride, you will feel a sense of great achievement. After you have rejuvenated your batteries and had a refreshing cold drink, you can enjoy the fun part of cycling down hill. We then cycle along the beautiful coast line to Da Nang city. Lunch is served en route before riding (or taking the van) back to Hoi An.
- On the way, you will visit the famous Marble Mountain where you can see how the local artisans carve the marble statues.
- The tour ends return at your hotel.
Biking has to be the ultimate way to explore all of destinations. There is no better way to get close to people in the countryside or to take in the extraordinary sights, sounds and smell of Vietnam and beyond.
Additionally, you can discover more about Danang or Hoian