If you come to Vietnam, there are some interesting activities Ideal Travel Asia recommend you to try out.
1. Tailors of Hoi AnTailor made clothing might be expensive in your country but it is not in Vietnam. While you take in the historic city, great restaurants and unique nightlife, a local will be working away on custom suits, dresses, shirts or even shoes for you. Ready within one day with world renown quality, this is the best time you can pick one suitable dress or suit for you in a very short time.
2. The “War Remnants Museum”Formerly “The House for Displaying War Crimes of American Imperialism and the Puppet Government of South Vietnam.” The name was recently the “Museum of American War Crimes,” and as recently as 1993 known as the “War Crimes Museum.” As the former names suggest, this museum is dedicated to the other side of the war and the atrocities committed during the Vietnam War. Every American should visit this to consider if our actions abroad are in line with our national values
3. Crossing the street, or walking on the sidewalk
Both Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi are rivals for adventurous street crossing. The beauty is that if you walk at a steady rate, you will get your own Moses moment as the traffic parts for you.
4. Bia HoiTa Hien – The foreign quarter of Hanoi is the best place for everyone including Vietnamese and foreigners to drink a toast or make friends.Nothing beats a cold beer except for a $0.25 cold beer on the streets of Hanoi. Called “fresh beer” this was traditionally homebrewed beer, but these days can be mass produced keg beer. You will make friends and enjoy watching the locals work their way through traffic and possibly around your seat in the street.
5. The river markets of the Mekong Delta
The mighty Mekong River dominates life in the south of Vietnam with transport and trade occurring on the water. Hop on a boat to visit the floating markets and eat breakfast that you purchase from vendors rowing your way.By sailing on the river, you can know more about the floating houses or markets here, that’s a cultural beauty of one Southeast Asian Country like Vietnam. Besides, you can have a party on boat with fire or eat fish after fishing.You can have a trip to Mekong Delta, see MEKONG RIVER TRIP ” WATER WORLD” TOUR IN CAMBODIA
6. Cruise in an ancient junk in Ha Long Bay“Bay of Descending Dragons” – a world heritage site famous for limestone karsts and isles in various shapes and sizes. You can enjoy the beauty of one of the world’s wonders, it is said that Halong Bay is beautiful like a painting. The food here is also special and you would have much time taking nice photos with your friends on boat.
7. Eat PhoVietname Noodles – and drink Vietnamese coffee at any one of the many pop-up cafes. It’s cheap and you just have to point to what you want.Pho is one of 3 words that appear in English dictionary including Pho, Ao dai and Banh my. Pho is always special to foreigners, not only with those who have it for the first time but also with those who have ever tasted it. In fact, if you come to Vietnam, it would be verry sorry if you have no chance to eat Pho.
8. Tour Vietnam on the back of a motorcycle or bicycle
it’s a great way to cover long distances, see the countryside, go off the beaten track, and feel like a local.Foreigners and Vietnamese travellers usually trek or ride a bike or motorbike along the country. On the way, they stop whenever they are tired, meet the local and make new friends. That is the most interesting thing in this kind of trip. It is also comfortable and free when driving to all of the peaceful parts of our beautiful nation.